Great set by Lank focusing on the moodier side of progressive house music.
Can you give us some background on yourself, such as where you currently reside and how you got into electronic dance music?
I was around 13-14 when i first showed interest in electronic music. I had an older friend in the athletics team and he gave me a few tapes and the Fasttracker music maker sofware. That’s when i started to dj and write my own little tracks. I collected vinyls which i played in school discos, and dj competitions. I became more and more serious about music and felt that i have to carry on this way. I took my best homemade tracks and moved to Budapest when i was 18. That’s where the gate of possibilities opened for me. In the next 6-7 years i had the chance to play in most clubs in Hungary, many times with famous international artists. Meanwhile more of my tracks were released thanks to some international labels. I finaly got invited abroad. I played more times in Russia, Greece, Germany and the USA. At the moment i live in Budapest with my girlfriend and i spend all my time on music.
01. The Chromatics – Tick of the Clock – Italians Dio It Better
02. Lake People – Stepwise – Connaisseur Recordings
03. Apparat – Jet (Ben Klock Remix) – Bpitch Control
04. John Monkman – L.O.V.E.R. (Hallo Halo Remix) – Be Crazy Music
05. CLOSE – Cubizm – K7
06. Sasse feat. Ilija Rudman – Got 2 Be (Patrice Baumel Midnight Express Remix) – My Favorit Robot
07. John Monkman – L.O.V.E.R. (Martin Roth With Another Approach) – Be Crazy Music
08. Simian Mobile Disco – Your Love / Run Theme (Live) – Delicacies
09. Alexander Maier – Lost Souls – Brown Eyed Boyz
10. Petar Dundov & Gregor Tresher – Flux – Break New Soil
11. Henry Saiz – The Light (Aebeloe Remix) – Natura Sonoris
12. Lank – Hazy Mazy – Bounce Back Music
13. Thor – Yellow Sky Over Reykjavik (Baikal Remix) – Connaisseur Recordings
14. Lank – Parameters – Mango Alley
15. Christian Prommer, Roland Appel – Double Red (with Justine Hoerwarth) – Compost
16. Mathew Jonson – Passage to the Other Side – Itiswhatitis Recordings
17. Chymera – An Island In Space (Orlando Voorn Remix) – Connaisseur Recordings
18. Shakes Milano – Awake (Alexander Maier Remix) –
19. Spada feat. Zefora – Renaissance – Monique Musique
Edu Imbernon recently put his remix skills towards one of Henry Saiz’s new tracks and now it’s Henry’s turn to repay the favour for Imbernon and Triumphs new track “Veranoski”. The original is pretty outstanding but Saiz’s signature sound is something I always enjoy hearing. All in all two great tracks and a remix by these guys who consistently produce great quality music. Signed to Bedrock.
“This is the only way that people will remember your music, trying to make them feel something special and making them dance.” – Edu Imbernon
Having remixed Jozif’s “Twilight” for John Digweed’s “Live In London” opus and played at the Bedrock anniversary party where the live recording was made, Spain’s Edu Imbernon has already demonstrated a brilliant ear for pulsating house music. Now, he returns, having teamed up with fellow Spaniard Triumph, with “Veranoski” – another haunting masterclass in dancefloor dynamics.
Edu Imbernon is a great example of how a young artist can quickly make their mark on the electronic scene, his worldwide hit – “El Baile Alemán” (produced with his friend Coyu), was lauded as “Best Underground Track of the Year” by Beatport in 2009. Since then, he has continued his steady ascent up the ladder towards house music stardom, with quality remixes for the likes of The XX and Maya Jane Coles, amongst others. His productions have featured on notable labels like Get Physical, Noir Music, Trapez, Great Stuff, Diynamic, alongside his own Eklektisch label. He’s also resident for Kehakuma at Space, Ibiza.
The superb remix of “Veranoski” comes from another of Spain’s finest – Henry Saiz – whose outings on Bedrock are always exceptional. Henry’s critically acclaimed “Balance 019” album, released in 2011, was the catalyst for his star potential explode around the globe. His superb collaboration with Guy J (“Meridian”) and his solo track (“La Marea”) for the landmark Bedrock 100 release, were of the highest level of quality and his “Cryptozoologist EP” (BEDDIGI27) was one of 2012’s highlights. Here, his remix of “Veranoski” once again proves Henry Saiz is undoubtedly one of the most extraordinarily talented young producers around.
Its been a while since I have put a mix together. This one starts with an orchestral remix by Joash then slowly moving things a long with some vocal tracks before heading into a proggy journey. You can check most of the tracks out on Soundcloud by visitng the artists pages. If you can’t find them give me a shout and I’ll point you in the right direction. Hope you like.
Cassandra Steen – Tanz (Joash Remix)
Bat for lashes – Trophy (Dibby Dougherty & David Young’s ‘DhARMA’ Edit)
Henry Saiz – Come Wander With Me (Original Mix) [feat. Anneke Van Giersbergen]
Burial – Endorphin (Marcelo Vasami Dub Mix)
Spetterphat – My Fat Cat Organ
Santiago Garcia – Tucho (Silinder Remix)
Hartmut Kiss – Water Games (Eelke Kleijn’s Vintage Remix)
Lank – Random Condom (Barry Jamieson Remix)
Burial – Fostercare (Marcelo Vasami Unofficial Remix)
Ewan Rill – Dreaming About Calm (Martin Etchegaray & Sebastian Lah Remix)
M.A.N.D.Y. & Booka Shade – Home (Monaque Remix)
Darin Epsilon, Walsh & Coutre – Detour on 44 (Cid Inc. Remix)
Alessandro Diga – Slotakkoord
Zonderling – Sonderling (Mononoid Remix)
Marc Marzenit & Henry Saiz – Radiance (King Unique Remix)
Minilogue – Drop the Mask of Self Protection (Rodskeez Remix)