As always, a refreshing melodic techno / prog house set from Guy J. A lot of material I haven’t heard before, hopefully we can get a tracklist up soon. Continue reading Guy J – January “Between the stars” Mix
Lovely set from Guy J recorded live from Orfeo Park. A really nice flow to this one including a few of Guy J’s recent productions. Continue reading Guy J – Live Orfeo Park 2016 (Transitions 596)
I have had this mix on repeat the last couple of weeks but forgot to post it. As usual pure melodic goodness from Guy J. Continue reading Guy J – September “Miles Away” Mix
Guy J is back with a lovely set full to the brim with new music. Continue reading Guy J March “Welcome the Sun” Mix
Right in time for Christmas. Continue reading Guy J – December around the world 2014
One of my favourite EP’s at the moment. Guy J never seems to dip in form no matter what kind of music he produces, all three tracks in the EP are top quality. Hard to pick a favourite track in this one.
Release 20th October 2014
Guy J returns to Bedrock with what is probably one of the most eagerly awaited releases of the year. Having been an outstanding highlight in his sets for many months, and been the subject to endless discussion across social media, “Candyland” is set to take things to another level.
For many people around the world, Guy J’s music is uniquely joyous, uplifting, intelligent and beautiful, and there can be no doubt that he is one of the standout electronic artists today. His work is always touched with a magic and emotion that few rival, and “Candyland” is a perfect example of why his productions are quite simply – so special. Its restrained, euphoric, sensual beauty flows effortlessly into an ever-blossoming journey as it weaves its slow-build seductive spell – this is a tune that will surely become a future timeless classic?
But that’s not all, Bedrock has sandwiched “Candyland” between two further treats from Guy J – a recent live favourite, the supreme, smile inducing “Once In A Blue Moon”; along with “Lonely Color” and its deeply delicious throbbing core, laced with enticing, subtle melodic flourishes. Significantly, each track shows Guy J has the ability to turn up the pressure until emotion is literally pouring out of the speakers. He is an artist that everyone should, most definitely, always keep on their music radar.
Sorry for the lack of posts recently but I have been working on getting this mix out and up on Soundcloud the last few days. Continue reading LUNAR008
Sahar Z’s sets tend to focus on the darker side of progressive and techno and this one is no different. The set opens up slowly before gradually moving towards more techier and melodic tracks. Enjoy!
Nice to see Guy J put out a well thought out melodic set without the annoying crowd noise :-). Back to his best!
Some really good tracks in John Digweed’s latest transitions. I particularly like Dixon’s remix of “Before The Sunrise”. I think John’s held back the release date due to it being on his latest compilation “Live in Miami”.
01. Nolan feat. Idris Elba – Children Of House (Of Norway Version) [Connaisseur Recordings | cns066-6]
02. Chopstick & Johnjon feat. Signaljacker – Roots (Sasse Remix) [Suol Ltd | SLTD001]
03. Joy Wellboy – Before The Sunrise (Dixon Remix) [Bpitch Control | BPC286EP]
04. Shall Ocin – Lurking Wolves [Ellum Audio | ELL019]
05. Guy J – Dizzy Moments [Lost & Found | LF013]
06. Monika Kruse meets Pig & Dan – Natural High [Terminal M Records | TERM111]
07. Vince Watson – Aurelon (Nick Muir Edit) [Bedrock Records | Promo]
08. Coyu & Ramiro Lopez – That’s Not Happening [Bedrock Records | Beddigi-48]
I haven’t had time to check this mix out yet as it has only been alive for the past 7mins but I trust Guy has put out a lovely set full of exclusives as per usual. Hopefully we can get a tracklist up soon. Enjoy
EM: What’s your take on the internet’s role in music production and distribution? I thought it was cool how you released stems with your Loopmasters project.
Guy J: I think the internet is giving a lot but also takes a lot away. Many producers are being discovered thanks to the internet, but the market is loaded with music that is waste of time. I think before Internet became such a big player, people worked harder before releasing something.
Source: Ear Milk
1.Dusty kid – Cowboys
2.Pedro Aguiar – ID
3.Dusty kid – Mantrakoma (Kris Menace mix)
4.Dave_Seaman ft. Funkagenda – Naughty Forest (Nicolas Masseyeff mix)
5.MUUI – Another day
6.Central Rodeo & Chris Bailey – Come With Me – Ayeko Records
7.Scotty.A – Sense of an Ending (Navar mix) – Proton Music
8.Hernan Cattaneo & Soundexile – Altir (Guy J mix) – Sudbeat
9.Wankelmut Ft John La Monica – Wasted So Much Time Feat (Kiwi mix)
10.Through Tone – You Have No Choice
Eelke Keijn’s new track Rampestamper has been doing the rounds recently and I must admit I think the original mix is ok but nothing great. The Guy J remix however is brimming with quality but the soundcloud player below doesn’t do it much justice. It must be hard for labels and producers to put out samples of their work as they can’t always give the full picture. The various synth stabs and melodic layers haven’t come out too well on soundcloud and three minutes of a seven minute track that progresses really well from beginning to end you would think this track is pretty bland when it is not. It is definitely worth hearing a high quality full version so buy it and stick it on a decent set up.
It’s time to welcome Rotterdam’s super-talented Eelke Kleijn to the Lost & Found family with a highly anticipated, exceptional debut release – “Rampestamper”. From the brooding, hypnotic intro onwards, this beauty flows smoothly into an ever blossoming, rising, euphoric journey. Restrained and subtle, yet intensely emotional and supremely accomplished, there can be no doubt that Eelke is a master of his craft, a true modern day composer.
The mix compilation of the summer for many people has undoubtedly been Guy J’s debut “Balance” (EQ) album, a truly uplifting and original listening experience that has gained critical praise of the highest order around world.
But, never one to rest on his laurels, Guy’s exceptional productions and remixes keep on coming. His recent “Seven”/”Milestone” (LF009) release has been a fixture at the top end of Beatport Techno Chart and his dynamic remix of “Rampestamper” is sure to follow suit. Guy J’s work is always touched with a magic that few can rival and this remix gradually turns up the pressure until, yet again, emotion is literally pouring out of the speakers.
Lost & Found is steadily building a catalogue of releases that are uniquely joyous, uplifting, intelligent and beautiful. Guy J and the artists he features alongside his own productions, are exploring the psyche of electronic dance music, asking questions and tasting possibilities, forging ahead into the future. This is a label that everyone should, most definitely, always keep on their music radar.
Some really nice tracks in the 90th edition of Outside the Box with Eelke Kleijn. I particularly like Davi’s new one. Enjoy…
01. Anton Kuertz – The Jungle Issue [Morgen.am]
02. DAVI – Two Suns in the Sky [Rebellion]
03. MUUI – A Perfect Circle [Outside the Box Music]
04. Vanessa Daou – Black & White (Jori Hulkkonen Dub [KID Recordings]
05. Booka Shade – Love Inc [Blaufield]
06. Maceo Plex, Maars and Florence Bird – Going Back (Dub) [Ellum Audio]
07. Oliver Schories – Hear Myself [Noir]
08. Eelke Kleijn – Rampestamper (Guy J Remix) [Lost and Found]
09. MUUI – Don’t Forget To Go Home (Santiago Garcia Remix) [Outside the Box Music]
10. Full Intention – Sacrifice [Suara]
11. Worakls – Bleu [Parquet Recordings]
Currently enjoying Guy J’s latest mix on Soundcloud.
1.Osunlade – The Realm of difference
2.Guy Mantzur & Khen ft Kamila – Moments Becoming endless time
3.Maceo Plex & Maars – Going Back (Dub)
4.Andrew McDonnell – Patience (Navar mix)
5.Navar – Megalomanez
6.Eelke Kleijn – Rampestamper
7.Eelke Kleijn – Rampestamper (Guy j mix
8.Robert Babicz – Rosegarden
9.Guy J – The Charm
10.Michael King – Take your time (Phonic Scoupe Dub)
11.John Digweed & Nick Muir Vs. Guy j – Heaven Scent
Nevar is no stranger to this blog, he has been churning out some quality pieces of music recently and it has earned him a release on Guy J’s “Lost & Found” label. The EP comes with a Hernan Cattaneo & Soundexile remix which is probably my pick (just). I really liked the depth of the track. I can imagine the original doing well in big room clubs though.
Release date: 1st July 2013
The City Of Gods – Poison Pro [Buy]
Luis Junior – Athens
Santi Mossman – Etheric Signal [Buy]
Dnyo – Roots [Buy]
Umit Han – An Einem Traurigen Morgen (Microtrauma remix) [Buy]
Microtrauma – Reflection [Buy]
Mariano Favre – Mendoza (Lank remix) [Buy]
Roland Klinkenberg – Nightfall (Cid Inc remix) [Buy]
G.R.G. – Stretch (Luis Junior remix) [Buy]
G.R.G. – San Telmo (DNYO remix)
Baboop vs Thodoris Triantafillou & CJ Jeff – Bottle U (King Unique Bootleg)
Pig&Dan/Mark Reeve/Dean Demanuele – Machines [Buy]
Damabiah – La Machine Humaine (Cid Inc Remix)
Lank – Weirdo (original mix) [Buy]
Monaque – Introspecto [Buy]
Guy J – Lost & Found
Florence & The Machine – What the Water Gave Me (DhARMA Edit)
Brand new mix by Guy J for John Digweed’s Transitions radio show.
02. Guy J – 2000 Eleven [Unsigned]
03. Lanoiraude – Waitin (Charles Webster Mix) [Missive 11]
04. Guy Gerber – The Money Shot /dactilar [Day One]
05. Guy Gerber – Steady (Guy J Mix) [Supplment Facts]
06. Bp – Inpirado Por Usted (Guy J Mix) [Lost & Found]
07. Stelios Vassiloudis – I Burn Like (Guy J Mix) [Bedrock]
08. Guy J – Combo [Unsigned]
09. Guy J & Sahar Z – 7:11 [Bedrock]
10. Guy Mantzur – I’m Your Country (Guy J Mix)[Unsigned]
11. Guy J – Break Me Young [Unsigned]
Soulfire music have provided a really good techy sounding mix this month. Don’t be fooled by the ambient sounds at the beginning.
01. Namatjira ‘Die Traumdeutung’ (Original Mix) [Lowbit]
02. Kanov ‘Diagram’ (Neftali Blasko Remix) [Balkan Connection]
03. Yousef ‘Beg’ (Hot Since 82 Future Mix) [Defected]
04. Stelios Vassiloudis ‘Coma’ (Original Mix) [Bedrock]
05. Sasha feat. Kastis Torrau, Donatello, Arnas D and KNOX ‘Smoke Cone’ (Original Mix) [Last Night On Earth]
06. Taisuke Chiba ‘Himawari’ (Vincenzo Remix) [Sudbeat]
07. Hernan Cattaneo & John Tonks ‘Warsaw’ (Marcelo Vasami Unofficial Remix)
08. Guy J & Sahar Z ‘7-11’ (Original Mix) [Bedrock]
09. David Granha ‘Any News’ (Alexander Kowalski Remix) [Microcastle]
10. ID – TBA
11. Namatjira ‘Little Goodbye’ (Dub Mix) [Lowbit]
12. No Sonic Limits ‘Skydiving’ (Matteo Monero Remix) [Soulfire Downloads]
13. Nicole Maudaber ‘The Road To Transformation’ (Original Mix) [Drumcode]
14. Yunta ‘Distorted’ (Dale Middleton Remix) [Sound Avenue]
15. Rich Curtis ‘Lower My Voice’ (Pig & Dan Remix) [RELEASE]
16. Eelke Kleijn ‘Rauwdouwer’ (Christian Smith Remix) [Sudbeat]
17. Eelke Kleijn ‘Rauwdouwer’ (Original Mix) [Sudbeat]
18. Mitrinique Madloch ‘Colorshock’ (Alberto Blanco & Matias Vila Remix) [Sound Avenue]
Now enjoying this lovely new deep progressive mix from Marcelo Vasami.
02.Ariane Blank – Don’t Mess With The Tooth Fairy (Marc Poppcke Remix)
03.16 Bit Lolitas – So High (Original Mix)
04.Rodskeez & Adam Jace – Zenith
05.Yoram – Into The Light
06.Guy J & Sahar Z – 7.11
07.Ri9or – When Frida Sings (Cid Inc Remix)
08.Pig & Dan – Who Do I Love (Original Mix)
09.Deltano – Survival Instinct (Nicolas Masseyeff Remix)
10.Yariv Bernstein – Taxa
11.Eelke Kleijn – Rauwdouwer (Original Mix)
12.Guy J – Mercury
The music has all gone a bit quiet on Soundcloud for the festive season but luckily I found a new set by Guy J that he posted an hour or so ago. Not listened to it fully but I am sure there’s a few people out there who are sick of George Michael and are ready to kick-start 2013 with a bit of progressive goodness.