A pretty hypnotic set from Irish producer Chymera. Never heard of the Boom Room before but just checked their soundcloud and there seems to be lot of potentially great dj sets from well known artists. Continue reading The Boom Room: Episode 073
Had this on a couple of times at the weekend and really enjoyed it. The flow from start to finish is really well done with no big hitters just beautiful melodic goodness all the way through.
01. son.sine – Karuna [Delsin Records | XDSR4]
02. The Analog Roland Orchestra – Velvet Green (Rhauder Remix) [Ornaments Music | ORN024]
03. Manoo – Abyss [Deeply Rooted Hose | DRH020]
04. Hector – Hide (Delano Smith Remix) [Tsuba Records | TSUBA070]
05. Elon – Golden Daylight (Mooncaper EP) [ReSolute Label | RES007]
06. Hunter / Game – Distant Storms [My Favourite Robot Records | MFR089]
07. John Tejada – We Can We Pretend (Instrumental Version) [Kompakt | KOM 286]
08. Chymera – Moot Point [Ovum Recordings | OVM-237]
09. Petar Dundov – Canonical Waves [Music Man Records | MM170]
10. Robert Babicz – Venus Transit (Ripperton Remix) [Systematic Recordings | SYSTDIG05]
11. Till Von Sein – Tilly’s Jam (Da Beach Baum EP) [Suol | SUOL052
RA: Do you play guitar on your tracks?
Not really yet. I remember trying about a year ago. I hooked up my guitar and was playing over some tunes but it just didn’t suit the tracks. But I’ve been working on some new tracks where I’m hooking up the pitch of the synth to a knob on a MIDI controller and I’m playing live solos. It’s the same way as playing a guitar solo, just that I’m changing the pitch of the note. Modulating it, etc. A lot of the new stuff that I’m working on is me trying to work in a more spontaneous live musicality to it.