Sorry for the lack of posts recently but I have been working on getting this mix out and up on Soundcloud the last few days. Continue reading LUNAR008
Good to see Bonobo pumping out DJ mixes every now and again between his album tours. If you get the chance to see Simon Green and his band play live then do it! This mix consists of lots of bouncy melodic goodness and is full of great tracks from the summer of 2014.
When some faraway species reads stories to their youth about the history of mankind, the section on “Greatest Minds In Electronic Music History” will surely have a hefty chapter on Simon Green, better known to the world as Bonobo. For over a decade, Green has been capturing our membranes with his brilliantly architected brand of downtempo organic rhythms, swaying in the winds between beat-centric trip-hop, lush heavy basslines, and beautifully structured layers of live instrumentation.
Really nice 1 hour deep mix by Sahar Z. Featuring tracks and remixes from Ame, Petar Dundov and Maceo Plex.
The latest installment of the Electronic Groove’s podcast has Camea on the decks. If you like minimal deep house then have a listen, really nice driving music.
Her sound can be described as Seattle cool meets Brooklyn edge meets Berlin chic, and it has secured her a regular tour schedule worldwide. Camea was born and raised in Seattle as a classical and jazz pianist and music enthusiast, and in her youth she studied a variety of instruments and played in several bands. She started collecting records and experimenting with electronic music in the late 90s, and in 2002 she relocated to Brooklyn, NY, where the city’s intense artistic environment deeply inspired her. Her passion for collecting and playing music continued to evolve as she acquired several regular club nights in Manhattan and spawned Clink Recordings, and on Friday evenings she had a radio show with Ambivalent (M_nus, Ovum) on East Village Radio. Eventually Camea began to tour internationally and moved to Berlin in 2007, where she still resides today and is currently signed to Bpitch Control, one of the world’s premier underground labels that can be credited in the evolution of artists like Ellen Allien, Paul Kalkbrenner, Apparat and Modeselektor.
Source: Electronic Groove
If you like music on the techier side of prog house then you will like this. Gui creates a really nice flowing set for his New Year edition of Hypnotic Sessions.
Had this on a couple of times at the weekend and really enjoyed it. The flow from start to finish is really well done with no big hitters just beautiful melodic goodness all the way through.
01. son.sine – Karuna [Delsin Records | XDSR4]
02. The Analog Roland Orchestra – Velvet Green (Rhauder Remix) [Ornaments Music | ORN024]
03. Manoo – Abyss [Deeply Rooted Hose | DRH020]
04. Hector – Hide (Delano Smith Remix) [Tsuba Records | TSUBA070]
05. Elon – Golden Daylight (Mooncaper EP) [ReSolute Label | RES007]
06. Hunter / Game – Distant Storms [My Favourite Robot Records | MFR089]
07. John Tejada – We Can We Pretend (Instrumental Version) [Kompakt | KOM 286]
08. Chymera – Moot Point [Ovum Recordings | OVM-237]
09. Petar Dundov – Canonical Waves [Music Man Records | MM170]
10. Robert Babicz – Venus Transit (Ripperton Remix) [Systematic Recordings | SYSTDIG05]
11. Till Von Sein – Tilly’s Jam (Da Beach Baum EP) [Suol | SUOL052
RA: Do you play guitar on your tracks?
Not really yet. I remember trying about a year ago. I hooked up my guitar and was playing over some tunes but it just didn’t suit the tracks. But I’ve been working on some new tracks where I’m hooking up the pitch of the synth to a knob on a MIDI controller and I’m playing live solos. It’s the same way as playing a guitar solo, just that I’m changing the pitch of the note. Modulating it, etc. A lot of the new stuff that I’m working on is me trying to work in a more spontaneous live musicality to it.
I haven’t had time to check this mix out yet as it has only been alive for the past 7mins but I trust Guy has put out a lovely set full of exclusives as per usual. Hopefully we can get a tracklist up soon. Enjoy
EM: What’s your take on the internet’s role in music production and distribution? I thought it was cool how you released stems with your Loopmasters project.
Guy J: I think the internet is giving a lot but also takes a lot away. Many producers are being discovered thanks to the internet, but the market is loaded with music that is waste of time. I think before Internet became such a big player, people worked harder before releasing something.
Source: Ear Milk
1.Dusty kid – Cowboys
2.Pedro Aguiar – ID
3.Dusty kid – Mantrakoma (Kris Menace mix)
4.Dave_Seaman ft. Funkagenda – Naughty Forest (Nicolas Masseyeff mix)
5.MUUI – Another day
6.Central Rodeo & Chris Bailey – Come With Me – Ayeko Records
7.Scotty.A – Sense of an Ending (Navar mix) – Proton Music
8.Hernan Cattaneo & Soundexile – Altir (Guy J mix) – Sudbeat
9.Wankelmut Ft John La Monica – Wasted So Much Time Feat (Kiwi mix)
10.Through Tone – You Have No Choice
The sun is starting to come out across the UK so time for some beautiful house music from Hisham Zahran (Cairo).
Lovely deep moody set by Jonatan Tesei AKA Kintar (Argentina).
Tell us about you and your music…
KINTAR: I started out as a young footballer back in my country and in 2001 started taking music seriously by composing my own music, from that I developed the love of techno, progressive house music and the elements of created mystic sounds within every composition. I take my inspiration from everywhere I go but mainly I am inspired by people like the late Micheal Jackson, Deep Forrest and Enigma amongst others.
Source: CPT Street mag
Michael Päßler provides us with a set that starts on the chilled side of electronic but picks up into a journey of progressive house and techno later on…
Finally we have a new month, so it’s time for a new mix, including tracks and remixes by Andre Lodemann, Kosmas Epsilon, Lank, Ian Pooley, Kollektiv Turmstrasse and many more.
Really enjoyed this upbeat set by Gai Barone. Gai’s sets can border on the cheesey side but I felt that this had a great selection all the way through.
01. Mokadem – Pretend Ur Mine
02. John Drummer – Sofia
03. Navid Mehr – Sacred Circles (Pole Folder Raven Drums Mix)
04. Moshic – Do It To Me Now (Gai Barone on a Train Remix)
05. Luis Bondio & Cesar Lombardi – Solar Attraction (Stas Drive remix)
06. Stas Drive – Twin Souls
07. Relaunch – Far Away
08. Trilucid & Philty Chit – Syntax ( Gai Barone Remix)
09. Naian – Zero Motion (Solid Stone Remix)
10. Owen Ear Stereoteric – Screaming Heart
Pretty exciting to see this Balance set in my soundcloud feed and what a set it is. Lots of tracks and artists I haven’t heard before which is really refreshing. Just had my first listen and definitely won’t be my last.
Check out the interview Jamie Stevens did for Balance Music…
Tell us more about the podcast you made for Balance?
This mix took me a long time to create but the majority of the time was spent trying to find what it was I wanted to say. I love so much music that sometimes when you’re given a very open invitation to make anything you like, it can be very daunting. I had always wanted to open a mix with “The Making of Grief Point” and I think it just grew from there, trawling through my collection finding the tracks that could make up part of the story. And to me, that’s what it became; a bit of a road trip.
1. Loscil – The Making of Grief Point [Kranky]
2. Bad Cop Bad Cop – Unicorny [Pomelo]
3. Aaron Alexis – Kill The Lights (Kyson Remix) [DhARMA]
4. Inner Square – Towards The Another [Human Resources]
5. Michael Bundt – La Chasse Aux Microbes [Offers Musik Produktion]
6. Egal 3 – Orchestral (Vid Re’Shape) [Kina]
7. The Clover – Orange Dreams [Bosconi]
8. Amo – Outside The Box [Dissonant]
9. Klartraum – Tiger Ride (Cinematic Ride) [Lucid Flow]
10. Woo York – Wogen [Dynamic Reflection]
11. Jerofou – Fiere_Allure [Cinematic]
12. Jako – Atom Found [alphahouse]
13. Labradford – By Chris Johnston, Craig Markva, Jamie Evans [Mute Artists]
14. Depeche Mode – In Chains (Minilogue’s Air Remix) [Capitol]
15. Quenum & LAD – Ithaca [Cadeceus]
16. Max Richter – Organum 
17. Kacper Kostecki – True Story (Kobana Remix) [Dopamine ]
18. Laurie Spiegel – The Unquestioned Answer
Fantastic new set from Lank who has been one of my favourite techno producers for the past couple of years. Really enjoyed this set from start to finish.
01.Deepchord – Prana – Soma
02.Mickey Moonlight – Changalaxy (Jokers Of The Scene Remix)
03.Asten – Borealis (Microtrauma’s Lost in Space Mix) – Festval Lounge
04.Peter Horrevorts – Monsoon – Kanzleramt
05.Spada – Claire – Monique Musique
06.Miyagi – Goodbye Girl (Fairmont Remix) – Wasabi Recordings
07.Minilogue – Ahck – WIR
08.Edu Imbernon – Ditto feat. Rosina (Rodriguez Jr. Remix) – Eklektisch
09.Count Clockwork – Toto’s Strut
10.Igor Cold – Far North Maps (Far South Maps Remix) – Natura Sonoris
11.Mark Henning – Blackout – Soma
12.Gabriel Ananda – Let It In And Let It Out – Suara
13.John Tejada – Now We’re Here (Instrumental Version) – Kompakt
14.Moderat – Last Time (Jon Hopkins Remix) – Monkeytown Records
I moved house at the weekend and this was on in my car whilst I was shuttling my belongings to the new place. Lots of really deep techy sounding tracks in this one, perfect for a long car journey.
Really enjoying this mix at the moment by Mauro Norti. It’s quite refreshing to hear something a bit different on my Soundcloud feed as some of the music has been below par recently. Maybe I am not looking hard enough or people are too hungover to post :-). Lots of stand out tracks in this one including new music by Four Tet and Moderat.
01. Lapalux – Quartz (Original Mix) [Brainfeeder]
02. Dels – You Live In My Head (Original Mix) [Big Dada]
03. Four Tet – Lion (Jamie XX Remix) [Text Records]
04. Mauro Norti – Waiting For You (Original Mix) [Progrezo Records]
05. Moderat – Milk (Original Mix) [Monkeytown Records]
06. Four Tet – Our Navigation (Original Mix) [Text Records]
07. Illum Sphere – Sleeprunner (Illum Sphere’s re-run) [Ninja Tune]
08. Dario Zenker – 27 Northwest (Original Mix) [Ilian Tape]
09. SCNTST – Percee Scan (Original Mix) [Boysnoize Records]
10. Mig Dfoe – Reason 2 (Original Mix) [Loki Recordings]
11. Bodi Bill – I Like Holden Caulfield (Thomalla Remix) [Krakatau Records]
12. Mauro Norti – The Cliff (Aparde Remix) [Agara Music]
13. Ryan Davis, Applescal – Creatures (Original Mix) [Atomnation]
14. Gran Cavaliere – White Elephants (Original Mix) [Ideological]
15. Mauro Norti – Dreamcatcher (Original Mix) [Wide Angle Recordings]
16. Max Farlane – Glare (Original Mix) [Inlab Recordings]
17. Panda Valium – Arbrakam (Original Mix) [Cinematique]
18. Ricardo Tobar – Straight Line In The Water (Original Mix) [Modulor]
19. Nathan Fake – Fentiger (Clark Remix) [Warp Records]
A lovely deep 1 hour set from Moshic. Happy New Year.
One of my favourite mixes at the moment. Enjoy…
Some really nice tracks in the 90th edition of Outside the Box with Eelke Kleijn. I particularly like Davi’s new one. Enjoy…
01. Anton Kuertz – The Jungle Issue [Morgen.am]
02. DAVI – Two Suns in the Sky [Rebellion]
03. MUUI – A Perfect Circle [Outside the Box Music]
04. Vanessa Daou – Black & White (Jori Hulkkonen Dub [KID Recordings]
05. Booka Shade – Love Inc [Blaufield]
06. Maceo Plex, Maars and Florence Bird – Going Back (Dub) [Ellum Audio]
07. Oliver Schories – Hear Myself [Noir]
08. Eelke Kleijn – Rampestamper (Guy J Remix) [Lost and Found]
09. MUUI – Don’t Forget To Go Home (Santiago Garcia Remix) [Outside the Box Music]
10. Full Intention – Sacrifice [Suara]
11. Worakls – Bleu [Parquet Recordings]
So two greats have teamed up to provide a couple of free downloads. The first track “For” has a beautiful piano loop which Max has complimented really well with all kinds of strange spacey sounds in the background with his trademark hit-hats and kick.
The second track “Peter” has a more edgy feel to it, it reminds me more of Max’s recent works. Nils synth kicks in instantly while Max gives the track substance with a few more dark layers and possibly his own little piano loop too. It’s really great that the artists and label decided to provide them as fee downloads, hopefully the two of them can get a bit more publicity because of it.
Nils Frahm is one of the best artists out there in my opinion, with pretty much the best live show I’ve ever seen. But aside from all that, this was just a really enjoyable remix to work on because the original is such a great piece of music, and seemingly so well suited to what I wanted to do with it – which was to try and turn Nils’ instrumental jam on his Juno, into something house/techno/club/44 compatible, but still carrying the class and feeling of the original. It was one of those remixes that just seemed to fit and flow easily, with minimum strain and maximum enjoyment on my part – usually a good sign for a remix (the one’s that have to be forced never seem to quite get there).
Not only is this one of the best remix projects I’ve been lucky enough to be involved with, it’s also available totally free for you to download and share as you like, courtesy of Erased Tapes and Decibel festival where myself and Nils played last weekend, as well as XLR8R, who were good enough to first feature it at at http://www.xlr8r.com/news/2013/10/download-max-coopers-new-remix-n
And of course, it’s also a thank you to YOU for listening an supporting my work over the years….thank you and I hope you like the track!….
ps if you’re in London on the 18th, Nils is playing an Erased Tapes showcase at Village Underground.
Cracking new mix by Kassey Voorn.There aren’t that many recent sets of his on Soundcloud so make the most of this one. He usually puts up tracklists so check back soon.
“It all depends on the moment,” explains Kassey. “I like epic melodies a lot, but also heavy grooves. In both my DJ sets and my productions, I try to tell a story that has a proper flow to it, and builds and builds. The feelings in music are just as important as the production quality.”
Source: Resident Advisor